To print this page click HERE and print the PDF that opens.
Your Port Phillip Library Card enables you to access hundreds of FILMS, DOCUMENTARIES and COURSES for FREE from your computer. Port Phillip Library subscribes to two on-line fim streaming services, KANOPY and BEAMAFILM. This page explains how to access KANOPY. The BEAMAFILM page is at https://live.org.au/beamafilm/
To access KANOPY you need to first register with the KANOPY website. Thereafter you can access and view any film on the website by clicking on one link and logging in.
Registering (You only have to do this once)
- Click on the homepage of the KANOPY website at https://kanopy.com/
- Scroll down the KANOPY homepage and look at what KANOPY has to offer. Don’t get too distracted as you can’t watch anything until you finish registering.
- Click on any of the red GET STARTED buttons scattered around the KANOPY homepage.
- On the STEP 1 OF 4 page click on the FIND YOUR LIBRARY button.
- On the STEP 2 OF 4 page type Port Phillip Library Service into the search box and press Enter.
- In the search results that display below the search box click on Port Phillip Library Service
- A small pop up will display over the map of Victoria on the right side of the screen.
- Click on the SELECT THIS LIBRARY button.
- On the STEP 3 OF 4 page type in your LIBRARY CARD NUMBER and LIBRARY CARD PASSWORD then press the CONTINUE button.
- On the STEP 4 OF 4 page enter your First Name, Last Name, Email Address and Password and press the SIGN UP button.
- You are now registered to use KANOPY.
- If you have any problems registering you will need to sort them out with Port Phillip Library staff as I don’t have access to their database of library members.
Regular use of KANOPY once you have registered.
- Click on https://portphillip.kanopy.com/ and save the link as a favourite.
- Click on the black LOG IN button on the top right of the screen.
- Enter your Email Address and Password and press the red LOG IN button.
You can now watch any film of your choice.
You are limited to watching 10 films per calendar month. In the top right hand corner is the number of films you have remaining for the current month. The Port Phillip Library pays KANOPY for each film you watch. Isn’t it good that your rates provide you with this wonderful service?